Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday Night Special: Biggest Full Moon of 2009

I thought that this was rather interesting. I personally feel like a "moonchild" and I know many of you out there feel the same way. If skies are clear Saturday, go out at sunset and look for the giant moon rising in the east. It will be the biggest and brightest one of 2009, sure to wow just about everyone.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20090109/sc_space/saturdaynightspecialbiggestfullmoonof2009

The word January came from the Roman name for this month. It was named after the God Janus, who was the God with two faces. This was the God of the past and future, beginnings and endings. This is the perfect time to put aside the old and the bad in your life and start anew with fresh new thoughts and goals.

CORRESPONDENCES FOR JANUARY
NATURE SPIRITS : gnomes and brownies
HERBS: marjoram, holy thistle, nuts and cones
COLORS: white, blue-violet and black
FLOWERS: snowdrop, crocus
SCENTS: musk and mimosa
STONES: garnet, onyx, jet, and chrysoprase
TREES: Birch
ANIMALS: Fox and Coyote
BIRDS: pheasant and the bluejay
DEITIES: Freya, Inanna, Sarasvati, Hera, CH'ang-O, Sinn
POWER AREAS: Sluggish, below the surface, beginning and conceiving, protection.
Conserve energy by working on your own personal problems that involve no-one else. Time to work on new goals.

Looks like tonight I'll be sitting out at moonrise with my wife, burning a Full Moon incense, and saying a little prayer to God about the forthcoming year.

1 comment:

  1. Cool beans on the new blog, Goose! :D I'm so tickled you mentioned me, too. *bows in respect* I'm super excited you're getting more into herbs and hope I can lend you anything at all of my limited knowledge to your journey. ^.^

    Btw - "Wife" - You two are SO ADORABLE! What can I say? lol ;P

    ReplyDelete