Thursday, January 8, 2009

Aphrodisiac Love Incense

Incense making is a hobby, and for me it sort of ritualized. I choose to grind all my herbs by hand, with a mortar and pestle. I believe that the incense is more personal and has more power when done by hand. That being said, I do own a coffee grinder. I usually use it for reducing dried roots to a powder, but if you're in a hurry or if the mortar and pestle isn't your thing, it's a very useful tool.

The incenses I create from dried herb need to be burned over charcoal in a censer. You can find them cheap at most herb supply stores.

Happy compounding!

Aphrodisiac Love Incense
1 part frankincense
1 part catnip
1 part lavender
1/2 part orris root
1/4 part pomegranate peel
1/4 part rose petals
1 drop ylang ylang oil
1 drop patchouli oil

Combine all ingredients and grind to a powder-like consistency. Place in a small glass jar and shake before each use. Burn over charcoal in a censer.

No comments:

Post a Comment